Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Let the Holy Spirit Guide! ...Mission Tour!

This week seems like it has been 5 weeks long, but it has gone by so fast! And miracles galore! Such a good week. So much has happened.

We met with Lauren! I was so nervous and I don't know why! It was like I've never taught the restoration before! Haha But it went great. She is the one I said came to church the other week with the returned missionary family. Oh my goodness she is SO prepared it's crazy. When members get involved miracles happen! She's on date to be baptized on the 9th of July and she's so excited! She said she feels like this is the first time in her life that she has felt the spirit. It is always so strong as we teach her :) She is so willing and has a strong desire to continue learning. We met with her 3 times this past week and she is progressing so much! She read all of 1 Nephi in 2 days!

While I was on an exchange this week with Sister Ney we went to try one of our new investigators, Rachelle, but she wasn't home.  So we tracted a few houses around and as we were going back to the car I didn't feel like we should leave yet, but I didn't know where else to go. Then I had a distinct thought quickly come into the mind to go down the alley. I thought it was strange and I'm sure Sister Ney thought I was a little crazy, but we went anyway! Then once we got to the alley there was a guy walking down it, so we got talking with him and were able to share a short message and gave him a Book of Mormon! Then as we continued down the alley and back around to our car we walked passed the new investigators house that we had originally been there for and we heard someone yell, "hey! I'm here!"  It was Rachelle yelling at us through her window! She invited us right in and we were able to share a message with her.  The Holy Ghost is the best.

A couple days later Sister Pearson and I were back together and we didn't have any appointments, so we were trying to contact some people all day and just no one was home. It was just seeming like a really long day. Throughout the day in my prayers I was praying that we would find a new investigator. We don't have a lot happening in that part of our area, so we've been really trying to get some new people to teach out there.  We had been given 2 referrals from a member, so we went to try them and as I said the prayer before we went to try it. I could feel that we were going to find someone here! The first house we went to was a no go, but the second one was interesting! His name was George. George had a lot of questions. Good questions! And they seem like they were sincere. He asked us things about the golden plates and where they went. If Jesus and Satan are brothers. Is the Book of Mormon more true than the Bible. Priesthood. The Holy Ghost/spirit. God having a body of flesh and bones. We answered them to the best of our ability and he understood it all well. It was interesting because usually these are questions that people use to try and turn things into a Bible bashing, but with him they were all very sincere questions and he was really interested in learning more! He gladly accepted a Book of Mormon and we are going to meet with him in a couple days! I'll tell y'all how it goes! Prayer is pretty powerful!

This week we were looking at a map of the town and trying to decide where we should go tracting and at the same time we both said, "how about McDonald street". It was kinda crazy, so of course we went there! There was probably 20 trailers on the street and we were lead to a new investigator, a couple of potentials, and some less actives! Also a lady asked us, "have you tried my neighbor? She asked me the other day if the Mormon missionaries ever come around here." So cool!

As I've been typing this out the hymn, "let the Holy Spirit guide" keeps coming to my mind, so I wanna share the lyrics with you all!

Let the Holy Spirit guide;
Let him teach us what is true.
He will testify of Christ,
Light our minds with heaven’s view.
2.
Let the Holy Spirit guard;
Let his whisper govern choice.
He will lead us safely home
If we listen to his voice.
3.
Let the Spirit heal our hearts
Thru his quiet, gentle pow’r.
May we purify our lives
To receive him hour by hour

The gift of the Holy Ghost truly is a gift. Live worthy of his guidance :)

So this all happened before mission tour! Sunday after church we took off for Billings with Sister Hodgson and Sister Fletcher (sisters I came out with) spent the night in Billings. Had mission tour with half the mission, then had an MLC with Elder Andersen, which was SO amazing! Then we took off back to Helena. Woke up the next day for mission tour again with the other half of the mission! :) We were exhausted and on a spiritual high at the same time. haha It was SO great. We literally sat and slept and sat and ate and sat and drove for 3 days straight! Good thing I like road trips! I had some great travel buddies too, so it was a good time! :)

In mission tour Elder Andersen of the seventy came and talked about 3 different kinds of knowledge that we need to be converted and progress in the gospel. Mind. Heart. and Soul. Our investigators get the mind knowledge as we teach them and they learn information. Heart knowledge comes as the Holy Ghost bears witness to them of the truth. This is something that we, as missionaries, can't do for them. We can do things that bring the spirit, like pray, read scriptures, testify..Ect, But it can only come from the spirit! With heart knowledge comes desire. Then comes soul knowledge as we invite them to act. As they act with faith they are gaining "soul knowledge" and are becoming more converted to the gospel of Jesus Christ. I hope that makes sense.. I'm typing this as quick as I can .. haha But mission tour was amazing. It was really cool to be able to go to both of them. It was basically the same for both, but he taught it all in a different way. I loved every second of it! :)

Have the best week ever!
Love,
Sister Anderson
Zone Pictures
Temple drive by
Sister Hodgson, Sister Fletcher, and us
Sleeping arrangements in Billings =)
Sisters
Killing a pesky fly with a shoe!  I got it! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment