Monday, August 1, 2016

Be of Good Cheer! :)

This week has had some great ups and some downs.
UPS
- We had MLC! Got to see President and Sister Wadsworth! Love seeing them. And all the great sisters, like Sister Wong! We learned about mental illness for a second, which was very powerful. And about a bunch of real good stuff I wish I had time to write about.
- Zone training went great! Sister Pearson and I gave a discussion and did some role plays with finding and we learned a lot about being diligent and fulfilling our purpose. Such a good day!
- We found MANY new investigators!!! Ah I love finding new people! We have been going through and trying our former investigators and we haven't met any of the actual formers, but people around the area or who live there now have been being prepared! One guy, his name is Kenny, he recently moved here for a better life for his son! And recently he's been wondering about the church and wanting to learn more! He is really interested in the Book of Mormon and what it's all about!
- We've been riding our bikes pretty much everyday, which is so fun! Even though we may look like we're dying as we do. Which we are, but it's fine.
- I went on an exchange with Sister Freeman from lehi! We walked and biked and found some great people all day.
- Being in 3rd ward also now we cover these little towns out into the mountains and they are so cute!!
- I found out that if I don't get transferred I will get to have dinner with Elder Christofferson and 2 members of the 70. No big deal. ;) (pray that I don't get transferred!)
- Miracle! We got a call from a member in our ward saying, "hey I have a friend that would like to take the lessons. So we can meet every Wednesday at 6 o’clock at my house until she is done with the lessons, okay?" Haha um okay!!! We are so so so excited for that.
- I met a dog named Chaplin Stew
- I learned you can do "bull riding" with a hose.
- 3rd ward is great!
- My tan lines from my watch and shoes are going strong.
- I learned that the Isaiah chapters are much easier to understand when you are searching for the character of Christ! That is something we are doing as a mission now. Going through the Book of Mormon and marking the character of Christ. You all should give it a try! I am learning so much about Him and noticing things throughout that Book of Mormon that I haven't noticed before. I'm loving it!
- It rained SO HARD on Tuesday and we got SO WET. Luckily it was the end of the day so we could just go home because we were soaked.
DOWNS
- I don't like focusing on the downs, but we did get dropped 3 times this week by some of our progressing investigators which was really sad, but each time we've got dropped God has always provided someone new that has been searching and is ready to receive the gospel fully at this time! We are here to work with those that are prepared. Those investigators simply weren't prepared at the moment, but God is still working on them :) I know they'll come back in the future!
- Got bit by a mosquito.


There has to be ups and downs in life. ‘For it must needs be, that there is an opposition in all things’ (2 Ne. 2:11). It's part of life! In the scriptures the Lord commands us to be of good cheer and to lift up our heads and rejoice!  It's not a really suggestion. There will always be ups and downs, but God loves us! There are so many ups and blessings in life that we can be thankful for.


"Verily, verily, I say unto you, ye are little children, and ye have not as yet understood how great blessings the Father hath in his own hands and prepared for you; And ye cannot bear all things now; nevertheless, be of good cheer, for I will lead you along. The kingdom is yours and the blessings thereof are yours, and the riches of eternity are yours. And he who receiveth all things with thankfulness shall be made glorious; and the things of this earth shall be added unto him, even an hundred fold, yea, more." (D&C 78:17-19) "Lift up your heart and rejoice!" D&C 31:3
I love you all! Lift up your heart, rejoice, and have a great week!
Love,
Sister Anderson


Out and about on our bikes, the sun was sure bright!
Exchanges with Sister Freeman
A little rain doesn't stop the LDS missionaries!
Pretty rainbow and sunset
I needed a new facebook picture...
Tracting in the forest!
I spy bambi!
Cutest girls ever! Alexa & Haven Blake
Waylon got baptized back in Sheridan!
Bull riding a hose with Nikki =)
I'm funny =)
Annebella's in her life jacket
I spy an owl

No comments:

Post a Comment