Wednesday, November 30, 2016

18 Months

I know I always say this, but so much has happened since last Monday! So much. For all those that still read this, I think I'll just make a list :)

  • Thanksgiving! So we ended up only having one dinner! It was nice since we were still full from our two dinners on Monday. I've never been so full...I felt like a potato.  That’s the best way I can describe it. We had dinner with the turner family! They are a nice bunch and it was so yummy! Then we went to the church and talked with some members for a bit, then home to set up our little Christmas trees and watch a bunch of church movies! It was a good day.

  • I gave a talk in church on Sunday and EVERYONE I saw kept saying,  "You go home soon right? You'll be home for Christmas! Are you scared? Excited?...etc.." Word travels fast in these small towns. I honestly don't know how I feel. Slowly it is starting to feel more real. I don't think I like it. But don't worry I am excited to see you all :) I will really miss being a missionary though. The other day we met a lady that was kinda crazy and she gave such an interesting closing prayer. haha But I started tearing up because it sunk in a little more that I won't get to be doing this 24/7 and hearing people pray like that!
  • Oh goodness and Moms in the ward are setting me up with their sons that go to school in Utah...eh

  • Annie! We were trying to find a referral we had received, but we didn't know how to get to it, so we decided to try a house that we thought might be it. The woman that answered was SO nice. And guess what, she had moved in just 1 hour before we got there! Not the referral, but she's a keeper. We will be going back.

  • Exchanges in Missoula! Ah it is nice to have Sister training leaders, but it was kinda strange to be on the other end of it. I got to be with Sister Fletcher! We came out together and haven't served around each other this whole time, so it was fun to get to serve with each other for the day.  We met some sweet people and even found a new investigator named Saud from Saudi Arabia! He saw an add on YouTube about the church and referred himself saying that he wanted a Book of Mormon. He grew up Muslim and is SO interested in learning! When we gave him the Book of Mormon he treated it like it was such a special gift. Which it is! But it's not an everyday thing for someone to treat it like that.  Which made me think about how I treat or think about the Book of Mormon. It really is such a gift!

  • This is what we talked all about at the Christmas Conference. How special the Book of Mormon is and how important it is that we use and bear testimony of it as often as possible. For the past few months we have all been studying the Book of Mormon and highlighting the character of Christ throughout it. I've learned SO much from doing this. I've really come to know my Savior so much more and have come to see the role the He plays in each story throughout it. The Book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Christ. Also at this conference I gave my departing testimony, along with 4 other sisters that will be going home with me. I don't usually cry, but it was SO SAD! Especially when anyone would talk about President and Sister Wadsworth. I love them :)

Anyways, enough about this going home mumbo jumbo.  There is a new Christmas video!! It's called Light the World and it is soo good.  EVERYONE go share it on Facebook and any other way you can on other social media! There is a calendar too of what kind of service to do everyday leading up to Christmas! Tomorrow is the first day. It's a world wide day of service!  "...hold up your light that it may shine unto the world. Behold I am the light which ye shall hold up..." 3 nephi 18:24.  #LighttheWorld


Also it's finally snowing! Have a very merry week!
Love, Sister Anderson

Beautiful scenery & missionaries =)
Exchanges
Cute bunny rabbit!
More awesome scenery!
Thanksgiving day drive to Hungry Horse Dam
Sister Wagstaff
Funny stop sign =)
Selfie!
One big door!

1 comment: