Monday, November 2, 2015

Travel Travel Travel and a Feisty Dog!

It's been a pretty eventful week!
I hope everyone had a Happy Halloween! :) We couldn't do much on Halloween, but we did go to our stake trunk-or-treat! It was so fun! Everyone was dressed up so cute! Even all of the parents! I didn't see this costume, but one of our members dressed up as the mom being ponder and the dad being memorize and all of the kids were ponderize! Hahaha so Mormon. So cute. Then once 6 came around we had to be in our apartment, so we did some planning and some face masks and things and went to bed early! It was so nice :) Then we woke up and realized it was daylight savings and we got a whole extra hour of sleep! Aw... God is good.


Oh my goodness....boy do I have a story for you! Hahaha it's a good one. So Sister Peterson and I were out tracting at this trailer park and for some of the trailers there is a fence around them and that usually means there is a dog inside. So we kinda shake the gate and make some noises and if there is a dog then usually the dog will come running out. So we went to this one trailer and it had a fence around it. We shook the fence a bit, opened it, and we didn't see or hear any dogs.  So we walked into the front yard and up the stairs to the deck where the front door was and knocked on the door. Then we heard some dogs start barking and I looked over and there was another door and this door had a doggie door on it! Then these three dogs came running out of it!! Oh my goodness I was so scared. My immediate reaction was to jump onto the railing of the deck while Sister Peterson's was to take off screaming and running to the gate, but when she had to stop at the gate to open it the dog bit her leg! Then she hurried out and got away. Meanwhile I am still on the railing up on the porch. The lady came out of her house hahaha she didn't even act like it was strange that I was standing on the railing of the porch. She just came out, grabbed her dogs and said, "I guess I need to get a bigger 'beware of dog' sign", and went inside. Then I booked it to the gate. Sister Peterson's bite wasn't too bad, but we called the mission medical lady and she said that we needed to go to urgent care and get it checked out. So we did and they just gave her a prescription thing just in case the dog had rabies or something. It was pretty eventful!


Then the other day it almost happened again! We were out tracting, shook the gate, no dogs, walked up to the door, knocked, heard some barking, saw another door, saw a doggie door, feared for our lives, I jumped onto a box thing, Sister Peterson took off running to the gate, but this time she made it! And this time the owners weren't home, so I was just stuck on this box with 3 dogs around it barking at me! I said a couple twenty prayers and then the scariest dog went inside! Then I got off the box and one of them didn't move, it just kept barking. The other one just barked at me and followed me to the gate! Woo! Prayer works everybody! And I have a newly found fear for dogs. Sister Peterson in the meantime was just taking pictures of me. haha


Like I mentioned last week we had a bunch of traveling and meetings this week and they were awesome! On Tuesday we drove to Worland and had a mission leadership training. On our way there I don't think I have ever seen so many dead animals on the side of the road.  Also.. on the way we went over a mountain pass and it was snowing up on the mountain and super foggy! I'll send some pictures. We stopped for a second and then when we tried to get going we couldn't! So luckily we have a truck and I put it into 4 wheel drive so we were fine :)  The meeting was amazing! The spirit is always so strong and I always learn SO much.


On Friday we were in Helena for the mission leadership council, that was awesome too! We had brother Hemmingway and another important brother there (sorry I didn't catch his name) one of them is the head of proselyting for the church and the other is the head of technology! They gave a lot of great council and as a council we changed quite a few of our missions rules and it was kinda crazy, but awesome! This mission is moving forward so quickly and I love being a part of it!


We were able to meet with D again this week! He is still awesome! The only hold back for him is the word of wisdom. We are going over that tonight with him. It should be good!! We were also able to meet with a less active, C, and we talked about the plan of salvation with her and as we did the spirit was SO strong. There were a lot of people all around us, but it was like it was just us in that room. The spirit was so warm and so THERE! As we left Sister Peterson and I just looked at each other and almost wanted to cry for some reason! We just felt so much love for her and knew that we were suppose to meet her :) Last night some members invited us over for some dessert and while we were there we decided that we would all ponderize together for this week! The scripture we chose is 1 John 1:7 "But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanseth us from all sin." I love just taking these scriptures apart as I ponderize them. I've only just started to pick at this one, but I love that it says "walk" in the light. Not run,  jump, or leap. But to walk! Walking is slow pace and it takes time. We don't need to be moving so quickly! I for sure need to learn to "walk" more, rather than trying to run. I hope that makes sense.


All is well here in Wyoming! I'm pretty sure that every time we get in the car we just talk about how much we LOVE the people here! I've said that a lot in these last few emails, but ah! I just love these people! And I love all of you!
Love,
Sister Anderson
Jessica now scared of tiny dogs =)  Can you blame her?
Downtown Sheridan
The Shreeve's (cutest couple ever)
The openness of Wyoming
Traveling over a mountain pass
Wyoming Sister Training Missionaries
Wyoming Sisters with mission mom on right (president just said something funny)
Follow God trailer
At urgent care following Sis Peterson's dog bite

Making Cookies =)
Happy Halloween!
Halloween Masks
Scary!

No comments:

Post a Comment