Monday, October 26, 2015

Wyoming Wyoming!!

Hey Everyone!
This week happened SO fast. I don't even remember what happened, but I'll try! So first off...I think I said this last week....but oh my goodness I love this place SO MUCH! Every time we meet a member they are always so happy to meet us and help us with anything we need! This week Sister Peterson has been pretty sick and the ward was so nice about it and wanted to help so much. Also every else around town is so nice too! I love it!


On Monday last week as we were walking down Main Street- oh! Main Street is so cute! It's all old and westerny and I love it! Anyways, so we were walking down main street and a car honked and waved at us. We didn't think much of it and just waved back, you know, just another awesome member. Then we walked into a store and a couple minutes later those members came walking into the store just to say hi to us! Aw I love this place. Then that night we had an awesome lesson with a part member family and the husband (D) committed to be baptized! After that lesson we really felt like those members that came into the store would be good to bring to the next lesson with D. So we did and it was so perfect! If they wouldn't have come into that store to say hi to us we never would have met them before that next lesson to bring them with us! So cool. And D is awesome! He asks a BUNCH of questions and I love it!


The other day we were going to contact one of our investigators and as we pulled up we saw him outside with his dog so we were thinking, "oh perfect!". Then we got out of our truck and started walking towards his house and he looks up at us, makes a really scared face, gets his dog, and runs inside! Hahaha it was funny.


Yesterday at church it was a missionaries homecoming so there was a bunch of visitors and Sister Peterson and I were asked to speak also. I ended up talking about the light of Christ. I don't know why, but I was SO nervous! No worries though, it went fine. When I got up they asked us to introduce ourselves a bit so, you know, I said I was from Salem Utah and I don't know why but I get so many comments on Salem when people hear I am from there. After sacrament while I was still on the stand, like 3 people, 2 of them I don't think were even in our ward, came up and started telling me about where they were from and how they know Salem haha it was funny. Then afterwards we were invited over for lunch at the return missionaries house and there was a bunch of family there.  While Sister Peterson and I were eating, this funny relative of the missionary came over and started asking me all about Salem and then he says, "have you ever jumped off the bridge into the pond?" And I said, "no" then he started going crazy! Hahaha Now the whole house was just listening to this conversation and he was saying things like, "what?! How have you lived in Salem all of your life and never jumped off the bridge?! When you go home that needs to be on your bucket list! Do it! Have some fun! Live a little!!" And on and on! Hahaha I told him I would. I didn't think he was ever going to stop! He was a funny guy.


Not too much happened this week that I can remember. Like I said earlier, Sister Peterson hasn't been feeling very good lately, so we've been kinda taking it easy for her. She is such a trooper and still wants to work so hard! Keep her in your prayers :) This next week is going to be crazy though! Tomorrow we are waking up super early to head out to Worland for a mission leadership training, which is kinda like zone conference but the mission president and his wife are there, and it is a couple of zones put together. Then on Friday we have a mission leadership council and everyone says those are so fun! So I'm excited. It's when the leaders of the mission get together and talk about the needs of the mission, so I'm excited to be a part of that! That is all the way up in Helena. So on Thursday at about 6pm we are going to leave for Billings to stay the night there. Then at dark thirty in the morning around 3am we are going to leave for Helena! Then come back and probably stay the night in Billings again, then be back in Sheridan on Saturday, which is Halloween! We aren't allowed to be out past 6 on Halloween night unless we are with members or have a lesson, so we will see what happens. But it's going to be a good week! :) Sorry if this email is kinda boring.


Oh! Last night it was about 8:30 and we decided to go to a member's home, so we went to the Shreeves and oh my goodness they are just the sweetest and cutest little old people! I just love them! We sang How great thou art to them and the cute old husband sang with us! Aw Sister Peterson and I just felt so much love from them! It was much needed after a long day :)


This week for ponderizing I've picked Alma 34:32! And I love love that scripture! Especially I loved the talk given in conference by Sister Linda S. Reeves in the general women's session when she says, "Understandably, many have expressed that our Father’s promised blessings are just “way too far away,” particularly when our lives are
overflowing with challenges. But Amulek taught that “this life is the time … to prepare to meet God.” It is not the time to receive all of our blessings." I love that! Sometimes we just want all the blessings right NOW when we feel we are doing all we can, but really that is not the purpose of this life :)
I love you all! Thank you for all of your prayers!  I hope you all have a Happy Halloween!
Love,
Sister Anderson
Jessica playing some tunes in the Rachester Branch Chapel
Opps!  Got the names wrong in the program
Apartment lamp
With district leader, also from Salem
Pheasant back for weekly visit to the church
Turkeys at the church
With Sisters Harris & Pearson from MTC
Part of Moms Halloween care package
Pretty river in Ranchester
Dog thingy in someones yard =)

No comments:

Post a Comment