Monday, October 10, 2016

Diiji Nizhoni

Currently here in Helena is pretty cold and it's snowing!! I can't decide if I like it or not, but if it's going to be cold then it might as well be snowing so we can wear our warm snow boots!

This week has been great! Not too many crazy exciting things happened, but we have found a couple of awesome new investigators! I went on an exchange with Sister Arnson again and they are in a car share so we biked everywhere and it was so fun! They don't really have any hills in their area so I survived it pretty well. ;)

Learned some random new things!
  1. I learned from Sister Stewart that in Navaho tribes before you kill a spider you have to say, "nikei adin" which means, "you have no family" haha It's super taboo to not say it. If you don't say it then that spiders family will all come looking for the spider you killed and be all over your house.
  2. I learned how to say it's been a good day in French and Navaho
Navaho- Diiji nizhoni (Dee jay nishjonay )
French- Setay un bonjour
  1. Kinda learned how to make a knife...
  2. Biking is pretty nerve racking when it's pitch dark outside and all you can see is your companions back bike light in front of you to follow
  3. How grateful I am to not have been put in a car share throughout my mission.

Throughout this week I've focused a bit more on the power that a testimony has. I've really noticed the spirit that comes as we bare sincere testimony, especially of the Savior. I loved the talk by Elder Cook last week about being valiant in our testimony of Christ. In it he said, "If we are to be valiant in our testimony of Jesus, we must avoid the stumbling blocks that entrap and impede the progress of many otherwise honorable men and women. Let us determine to always be in His service. While seeking knowledge, we need to avoid the philosophies of men that lessen our commitment to the Savior. We must see sin in its true light and accept the Savior’s Atonement through repentance. We need to avoid looking beyond the mark and focus on Jesus Christ, our Savior and Redeemer, and follow His doctrine." I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior.

I hope you all have the greatest week yet and are able to focus on the Savior more throughout it!
I love you all!
Love,  Sister Anderson

Its snowing!!
Lots of washing machines!
Exchanges with Sister Arnson - Biking buddies
A family we went to visit had lots of goats, pigs, dogs, cats, rabbits, cows, and horses
MLC from September
Exchanges with Sister Jacoby
Face mask fun =)
Some bubble blowing fun 

No comments:

Post a Comment